This program will allow teachers to create Notes (messages) for their students to be viewed in the Student Progress Center. The teacher name and course name will be included in the Teacher Notes display section of the Student Progress Center.
There is an User Management security for this ability.
Profile-TE→ Category-JGradebook→ Program-JGradebook Permission-RW→ Action-Teacher Notes→ Action Permission-Read Write
Creating a Note
In the WebGradebook, choose your Course and Marking Period at the bottom of the screen. Then choose the Teacher Notes icon on the top menu bar.
- Click on the Add button at the bottom of the screen to bring up the Note Editor Window.
- Type in a Title and in the white text area, type in your note information.
- Below Title, there is an option to configure the Note as Make Public or to make the Note Student Visible (normal setting).
- (a) If Make Public is selected and your district displays the "Browse" button on the Student Progress Center, the Note will be visible to everyone who visits the Student Progress Center without requiring a username and password.
- (b) If Student Visible (normal setting) is selected, the Note will only be visible to parent-guardians and students who have a username and password.
- If the Note is only for one or a few students, you can click in the field labeled Students, then choose Select Students and select from a list. Leave blank to send the Note to all students.
- If you want to include more sections (in addition to the one chosen originally at the bottom of the Webgradebook screen), also click on Students and then Sections, to chose additional sections.
- There are additional filters on the Students set up box as well if you want to further filter your student list.
NOTE: A teacher also has the aforementioned abilities after she chooses "Teacher Notes" in her gradebook.
- Click on Add, answer yes to the questions and the Note Editor will close and the user will see a listing of created notes in a table at the top left.
To find definitions of commonly used column headers, follow this link: Common Column Headers.
For other columns not listed in the common column list:
- Title -- Title of the Note
- Type -- Refers to the type of Note being sent.
- User -- The login of the user who created the Note.
- Created -- Date the Note was created.
- Count -- The number of students the Note was sent to.
- DEL -- Delete
Adding An Attachment to a Note: (Attachments are added after a Note has been created.)
- After creating the Note, click on the row of the Note to which you need to attach a file.
- The Note Editor window will appear. At the bottom, click the "Attach" button.
- An ´Add attachments´ window will appear. Click the "Add" button.
- If the file needed is displayed, highlight it and the title will show in the ´Selected File´ box, so then click the Choose button.
- Click on the X to exit the window or choose more files to include. Click on the red square to delete the attachment.
The Note will appear in the table with number of students that the Note was sent to.
- Click on the Note title to review/edit the Note.
- Click on the student count to see which students the Note was created for, and the date the mother, father, or student opened the Note.
- Click the red cell to delete the Note.